NEW YORK, January 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Quontic Bank Holdings Corp., the parent company of Quontic Bank, today announced that it has appointed 10 members to the new Black and Hispanic Community Development Advisory Board. The advisory board will allow Quontic to formally engage experts involved with nonprofits, financial literacy, and organizations supporting equitable access to affordable housing development and ownership for Black and Hispanic populations. This advisory board will work closely with Quontic’s existing advisory board which advises on Quontic’s geographic investment area, the largest New York City metropolitan area, as well as Quontic’s national reach to underrepresented low-income populations.
Quontic is an adaptive digital bank with a mission to help people grow their money with purpose. As a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), it provides home ownership to low-income families, immigrants, small business owners and others who have earned, saved and budgeted their money on the path to home ownership.
“Our mission has always been to empower our clients, and that includes recognizing diverse backgrounds that require differentiated lending needs,” said Steve Schnall, Founder, CEO and President of Quontic. “Our advisory board reflects the community mindset we have at Quontic. We look forward to working closely with current and new board members as we continue our efforts to close the lending gap in industry.”
The Black and Hispanic Community Development Advisory Council includes:
- Steve Thomas, Senior Managing Director of Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago and 2022 Co-Chair of the National Housing Conference National Advisory Committee;
- Derrick Griggs, CEO of Neighborhood Housing Services of New York City, Inc.;
- Pilar Moya Mancera, executive director of Housing Help, Inc.;
- David Clower, Chief Investment Officer of Raza Development Fund; and Founder and Managing Member of Desert Cove Ventures, LLC. ;
- Tino Diaz, CEO of the US Homeowner Alliance;
- Paul Campbell, co-founder of Equilibrium Mortgage Solutions;
- Bryan Young, CEO of Home Lending Pal;
- Joseph H. Holland, Harlem-based attorney, entrepreneur, writer and minister, and former New York State housing commissioner;
- Marco Antonio Huaman, Vice President, Channel Correspondent, Acra Lending; and
- Victor M. Flores, Managing Partner, Snowwater Investment Partners, LLC and Asst. Associate Professor at St. John’s University.
To learn more about Quontic and its mission, visit www.Quontic.com.
Quontic is the adaptive digital bank that financially empowers its customers while accommodating their diverse circumstances. Quontic’s disruptive banking platform reinvents traditional banking with adaptive lending and innovative deposit products that transcend inherited banking inequalities. Quontic’s mission to break the financial empowerment system goes against big banks and proves that there is a better and fairer way to put the customer first. The bank is focused on understanding and serving underdogs, entrepreneurs, gig economy workers, immigrants and more with a curated banking experience as opposed to a one-size-fits-all banking approach. Quontic is a private company based in New York, New York. Follow and connect with Quontic on LinkedIn, Facebook and instagram.
Media inquiries: [email protected]