TEHRAN- The Deputy Minister of Transport and Urban Development announced that the construction operation of 100,000 units of the National Housing Movement will be launched in new towns by the end of the current Iranian calendar month (April 20) .
Alireza Jafari, who is also the managing director of the New Towns Development Company, made the remarks during a virtual meeting with the relevant directors, on the latest state of the conduct of the national housing movement in the new towns.
“He said that there are plans to build 608,000 units of the National Housing Movement in the new cities, which, in addition to the 100,000 units of the National Action for Housing, our commitment in this due is the construction of around 700,000 units,” he added.
In late March, Transport and Urban Development Minister Rostam Qasemi said more than 800,000 National Housing Movement units were already under construction across the country.
Referring to important steps taken under the National Housing Movement, Qasemi said, “Important issues such as banking, land extensions, land use change and the establishment of a land bank have been resolved with the support of the National Land and Housing Organization”.
He said that according to information from the land bank, there are 40,000 cases in the area of land, some of which the value is significant, noting that issues such as the law prohibiting the sale of land, which prevented the access to new resources for years, have been resolved.
In mid-March, the Deputy Minister of Transport and Urban Planning announced that 5.2 million candidates have already registered for the government’s two major housing plans (National Action for Housing and National Movement for Housing).
Mahmoud Mahmoudzadeh said that according to the Supreme Housing Council, the two plans of the National Housing Movement and the National Housing Action have been merged so that those who had already registered (in the Housing Action) can benefit benefits of this plan (Housing Movement).
After following the candidates in these two housing projects, the names will be sent to the departments of the provinces and relevant organizations to approve the condition, and those who are eligible to go through further stages, the official explained.
As previously reported, the construction operation of 209,212 National Housing Movement residential units began in early February.
The launching ceremony of the mentioned operation and the launching of some development projects in the housing sector was attended by the Minister of Transport and Urban Development, Rostam Qasemi.
After the National Housing Action Plan (launched in 2018), the National Housing Movement is the second major government program aimed at providing affordable housing to the lower income classes.